Lapeer County Road Commission

We all pay property tax, why is that not enough to cover fixing the roads?

Many people do not realize that their property taxes do not go to the Lapeer County Road Commission (LCRC). County road maintenance and improvements are funded primarily through the state-collected fuel taxes and vehicle license plate fees. Gas tax revenues are the single largest funding source. LCRC receives no direct revenue from property taxes, as LCRC is separate from county general government.

By law, Act 51 of the Public Acts of 1951; road commissions are only allowed to pay 50% for reconstruction/resurfacing of a local road – the other 50% is usually contributed by townships or adjoining property owners.

How much money is provided to the 18 townships for cost sharing by the Road Commission?

How is the money distributed to the 18 townships in Lapeer County?

How do I get my road paved?

If the Township does not have any money to pave my roads, are there any other options?

How do I initiate a road project?

How do I get a driveway permit?

What are weight restrictions?

When do weight restriction go into effect and when are they lifted?

What are All-Season Roads?

Why does it take so long to get my road plowed?

What should be kept in mind when shoveling/plowing driveways?

Your truck knocked down my mailbox. When are you going to fix it?

What type of mailbox am I allowed to install?

What do I do if I have a dead deer or small animal in my ditch or on the road?

What happens if my vehicle is damaged by flying debris from a Road Commission truck or Road Commission project done by contractors?

What is the Road Commission Right-of-Way?

Can I put rocks across my lawn to keep cars off my grass?

Can I fill in the ditch and plant a tree in front of my property?

Why can’t I place concrete to the edge of the road for my driveway?

Why can't I place a brick structure around my mailbox?

Who initiates addresses for new homes?

Who maintains the railroad crossings?

Who is responsible for constructing and maintaining sidewalks?

How do I obtain a county map?

How can I get a “Children At Play” sign put up to protect my children?

Who is responsible for placing and maintaining signs in mobile home parks, private businesses, malls, etc.?

People are speeding on our road. How do I get the speed limit lowered?

What is the speed limit on my road if it is not posted?

My neighbor s and I think we should have a traffic light at our corner. There have been a lot of accidents here. If I get enough signatures, can we have one?

What can I do about big trucks and gravel trains running on my road?

What causes potholes in pavements during the spring?

The gravel road that I live on is full of holes – when are you going to grade it?

How can I get a dust control application on my road?

Why are you cutting down all the trees on my road?

How do I get my gravel road graded?

How do I get my road regraveled or brined?

How do I make a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request?

Cable Guardrail

Who has the right of way at an intersection when a stop light is out?

Home | About Us | Policies | Traffic Counts | Road Projects | Meetings | Bids and Projects | Forms and Permits | Service Request
FAQ | Location Maps | Employment | Contact Us | Links
| Dashboard