Providing convenience and safety for

Lapeer County

by maintaining all county roads, bridges, and culverts within our jurisdiction

Road Work: Latest Updates

Budget Update

Update:  Bids have been received, after review of the 2023 HMA Primary Road Overlay program...

Years Established

Completed Projects


Lapeer CRC Board Meeting Time Change for July 24, 2024

The Lapeer CRC Board of Commissioner's approved a change to the July 24, 2024 Board Meeting time.  The Board Meeting on July 24, 2024 will be held at 8:00 a.m. in the Board Meeting Room, located at 820 Davis Lake Road, Lapeer, MI  48446.  This morning meeting will be...

Lapeer CRC Job Positions Posting Available

An Engineer Tech position is now available in our Engineering Department at our Lapeer CRC Office.  Please visit the Lapeer CRC Website Employment page for resume and submittal requirements.

Special Meeting – Public Hearing

A Public Hearing is scheduled for June 5, 2024 at 4:30 pm to discuss a Public Road Application for Daisy Lane, Almont Township.  After the Public Hearing, a Special Closed Session Meeting will be held, at the request of an employee.  Meeting Notices are available on...

Looking for permits, forms, or policies?

With the reorganization of the new website, we’ve put together a resource library with all of our downloadable forms, permits, and policies. You can use the search functionality to search for something specifically or browser alphabetically.

Common Questions

We’ve put together a collection of our most frequently asked questions. You can see the most common here or view them all by following the link below.

How do I get my road paved?

Primary Roads- selected on a pavement inventory rating which takes into consideration the physical condition of the road, the average daily traffic and the physical ride ability of the pavement.

Local Roads- selected by the townships based on the concern of the public and the amount of money that they have available to cost share with the Road Commission.

How do I initiate a road project?

Residents may petition the Road Commission for an improvement by special assessment, with 51% of the property owners signing the petition. Otherwise, Lapeer County Road Commission projects must be requested by the townships. Contact your local township.

How do I get a driveway permit?

Download a copy from the “Permits” page of our web site or call us at (810) 664-6272.

Your truck knocked down my mailbox. When are you going to fix it?

Mailboxes are sometimes knocked down by road commission trucks when plowing snow. The Road Commission’s policy is to replace mailboxes that have actually been hit by the snowplow; however, if the mailbox or wooden post was broken off from the force of the snow coming off the plow blade, we do not replace it. Replacement consists of a metal mailbox and a metal signpost. Please file a service request with our office and we will check into the problem.

What do I do if I have a dead deer or small animal in my ditch or on the road?

The Road Commission will move the animal off the traveled portion of the roadway; however, we are not responsible for picking up animals and disposing of them.